The Export Promotion ensures that export trade contributes to economic growth through increased and sustainable production and competitive export market access.
- To facilitate the development and expansion of the production base, and the promotion of Non-Traditional Exports from Botswana.
- To provide relevant trade information to support competitiveness of Botswana exporters and other stakeholders.
- To develop programmes and activities for institutional capacity building of export community to meet the challenges of the global market.
- To develop a coordinated harmonization of export related activities by private and public sector agencies and other development partners like LEA, BECI, CEDA, CEDA Venture Capital et al.
Some areas for investment in the export sector amongst others include:
- Arts and Crafts
- Hides,Skins and Leather
- Beef Sector
- Agro Processing Facilities
- Tools & Machinery For Mechanized Mass Production
- Packaging Materials And Accessories
- Information Technology For Marketing & Product Development
Core Activities and Programmes
Since its establishment, the Export Promotion has undertaken a number of programmes to motivate and mobilize private sector initiative in the export sector. The core activities and programmes are as follows:
- Market access and penetration missions, Contact Promotion Programmes,
- Trade Fairs and exhibitions, Buyer-Seller meetings and Conferences.
- Advisory services to facilitate product and market development.
- Dissemination of Selective Trade Information through the maintenance of a Trade Information.
- Website and regular print publications e.g Manufacturers directory.
- Identifies products with export potential and adapts them for the export market.
- Organizes market/trade missions, Contact Promotion Programmes, Trade
- Fairs and Exhibitions, Buyer/Seller Meetings with the aim of penetrating the competitive international market.
- Training exporters and personnel of export facilitating institutions to upgrade their skill in export marketing (Export Development Programme).