Export Enterprise Development Department
The Export Development Department is mandated mainly with the task of identifying market outlets of locally manufactured products, with a major strategic focus on seeking and promoting products that are suitable to enter the export market. This is done through identifying and researching new markets to facilitate targeted export promotion aimed at selected buyers, including investigation of opportunities in markets that have trade agreements with Botswana, so as to maximize benefits.
Services of the Export Enterprise Development Department
- Participating in overseas trade fairs and exhibitions.
- Timely and efficient services to overseas buyers in vendor identification, drawing itineraries, fixing appointments and other support services.
- Assisting Botswana companies in product development and adaptation to meet buyers' requirements.
- Organizing Buyer-Seller meetings with a view to bringing buyers and sellers together.
- Organizing seminars/conferences/workshops on trade-related subjects
- Developing local manufacturers to be reach export readiness standard
- Conducting market surveys on regional and international markets in collaboration with the Research Department.
- Dissemination of export promotion information to local manufacturers
- Organizing Botswana's premier business to business exhibition trading as Global Expo Botswana. For more information visit