Public Relations & Communications Department
The Public Relations and Communications Department aims to ensure that internal and external communications within and with BEDIA are well coordinated, effectively managed and responsive to the diverse needs of all the stakeholders through a set of planned and sustained activities which support the delivery of the Authority's strategic priorities . The Department manages corporate identity through the following strategies:
- Ensuring that the Authority is visible, accessible and accountable to the customers it serves.
- Providing the target audiences with timely, accurate, clear and complete information about BEDIA's policies, programmes, services and initiatives.
- Employing a variety of ways and means to communicate and provide information in multiple formats to accommodate the diverse needs of the Authority's customers.
- Consulting BEDIA's customers, taking account of organizational interests and concerns when establishing priorities, developing policies, and planning programmes and services.
- Ensuring that all the Departments of the Authority collaborate to achieve coherent and effective communication with stakeholders.
To achieve BEDIA's objectives, the Department undertakes the following activities:
- News releases, feature articles and backgrounders
- Promotional campaigns in print, radio, electronic and television
- Media relations
- Public Relations and protocol
- Internal communications
- Official functions and promotional events
- Corporate gifts
- Publications and promotional materials
- Corporate image and branding
- Corporate social responsibility
- Provide back support to all other Departments in their promotional efforts